Natural fertility awareness is essentially a diagnostic tool. It is knowledge every woman should have.
By being aware of your body’s natural signals and indicators and knowing what they mean, you will also know if something is not right and be able to provide your health professional with valuable information. This information could enable doctors to prescribe an appropriate treatment more quickly. Women who are in synch with their menstrual cycles can also learn to detect and manage the symptoms of PMS as well as deal with the challenges of the onset of menopause.
Benefits of Fertility Education
An increasing number of women choose to be control their fertility naturally because it is healthy, effective and has no side effects.
Other benefits include:
- No interference with the woman‘s normal physiology
- Requires no drugs or devices
- No known physical side effects
- Can be used at all stages of reproductive lifespan
- Both partners share the responsibility for family planning.
- May improve communication about sexuality
- May help sub-fertile couples to conceive
- Enables a couple to take control of their fertility
- Women can monitor their health and observe changes in sexual health
- Morally and culturally acceptable to all societies
- Cost-effective – For one small fee – once properly taught, couples are autonomous in managing their fertility for the entire reproductive lifespan
- Environmentally friendly
The Sympto-Thermal Method
This method involves charting three main indicators of fertility: basal body temperature, mucus changes, and cervical changes.
Recording all these changes will help you to work out when your ovulation actually occurs and a trained educator in this method will help you discover and monitor your own unique pattern so that you can easily recognise when you are most fertile.